Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 22 March 2015

MORPHE BRUSHES UK: Rose Gold 7 Piece Set Review

Hey everyone!


EDIT** - Here's a link to my update and review of this brush set one year on.
http://jennifermcfadyen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/morphe-7-piece-rose-gold-brush-set-uk.html

If your anything like me it gets really annoying hearing your favourite Youtubers and bloggers raving about products that you can't get here in the UK, it's so frustrating!! After months and months of hearing many American's talking about Morphe make-up brushes and not being able to try any out (unless you wanted to pay a small fortune in tax and shipping fees!), I finally found a UK site selling a wide range of their brushes and at very reasonable prices! 

After checking out the range, I decided to go for the rose gold 7 piece set, because not only did it seem the most economical I'm a sucker for anything in pretty packaging, typical. 

        


It was £24.95 for the 7 piece set which I thought was a steal as I had been eyeing up the Zoeva rose gold sets at £60 odd. The packaging is beautiful on these brushes and they come in a really handy case which is great for sitting on top of your vanity or for travelling with. Negatives I would say about the packaging is that it doesn't say the names of each brush on it, so I couldn't say if they can each be purchased separately which is slightly annoying - but not the end of the world! Also within the set the only brush I would say you could use for foundation is the traditional paint style brush which I'm not a huge fan of to begin with. The rest are all powder and eye brushes.



So with that said let's get my least favourite brush out the way first. I never use this type of foundation brush as I find it gives a fuller coverage than I prefer and takes too long to apply. I will probably find some use for this brush, maybe to apply cream contour or blend out under eye concealer!


Next up is this fluffy slanted brush. I really like this brush as it's great for contouring but you could use it for blush or highlighting too. I don't like however that the hairs on the brush are not all even, which you can't really tell from the picture. I also wish it was black so it doesn't look as terrible sitting out with brown contour colour all over it haha, i'm just being a bit picky though!



One of my favourite brushes is the powder brush as it's great for applying bronzer or setting the face with. Again, when I received this brush some of the hairs were already sticking out the side of the brush which makes me nervous about how they will retain their shape after a few washes. But we'll see!




And now on to the eyes. A definite stand out brush in the kit is this one here, it's fab and a total dupe for the pricey Sigma E25 blending brush. They're almost identical! This is great for blending out eye shadows seamlessly across the crease. Bish bash bosh and your done. Love this brush!



The rest of the eye brushes in this kit are also really great and there's enough for an entire eye look. The fatter shader brush is good for packing product on the lid while the shorter shader brush is ideal for putting product on the lower lash line. The small pointed brush I'm a little disappointed in, I'm going to try wash it to see if that will soften it up a bit as it's quite jaggy to touch and I don't actually want to put it near my eye just yet as it seems like it will be very harsh on them.




Overall, I do like this set. I am always a little sceptical of vloggers fiercely promoting brands when they get commission for purchases if viewers use their codes which is why I wanted to try them out and put out a completely unbiased review. I also want to try out some of their single brushes to see if the quality is better than the sets, which I feel it might be. I haven't washed these brushes yet but I'm really hoping they retain their shape and don't shed as i'm not completely convinced on the quality yet compared to my real Techniques which I love (I just wish they would would come out with a wider range of eye brushes!). I'll post any updates if I find this does happen, as I wouldn't recommend them if they do. 

If you want to try out this set, I purchased mine from Beauty Chamber:

https://www.beautychamber.co.uk/morphe-rose-brush-p-3103.html

Let me know in the comments section your thoughts on these brushes if you have them, or are thinking of trying them out! :)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig